The Developer Portal(Link opens in another window) on the Tableau Community is the spot to go for everything identified with broadening and mechanizing Tableau. There you can gain admittance to the accompanying:
- REST API—Manage provisioning, consents, and distributing on Tableau Server or Tableau Online through HTTP. The REST API gives you admittance to the usefulness behind the data sources, ventures, exercise manuals, site clients, and destinations. You can utilize this admittance to make custom applications or to content collaborations with worker assets.
- Tableau SDK—Use C, C++, Java, or Python to make separates from any data and afterward to distribute your concentrates.
- Tableau Metadata API—Using GraphQL, you can find and inquiry Tableau content and related outer resources and metadata. For more information, see Tableau Metadata API(Link opens in another window).
- ODBC connector—Create an association utilizing ODBC (Open Database Connectivity), which is a data-access convention that is upheld by a wide cluster of data sources. In Tableau Desktop, you can interface with any ODBC-consistent source utilizing the implicit ODBC connector.
Notwithstanding these assets, you can get total documentation and models, and team up with the Tableau engineer network
Notes for Tableau Online users
- At the point when you settle on REST API decisions to Tableau Online, you need to utilize the URL for the example on which your website exists. For example, https://10ay.online.tableau.com/
- For information, see Specifying Resources for Tableau Online under Using URIs to Specify Resources(Link opens in another window).
- Not the entirety of the strategies gave in the Tableau REST API are material to Tableau Online. For information, see the API listing by class in the API Reference(Link opens in another window).